From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

water level indicator 7 segment display and LED problem

hello everyone,i have face a problem which is when i no connect the wire together,the 7-segment displays also show me '4'

after i connect the 1st wire ,the 7 segment displays also show '4'. What is the problem?

In addition,the LED also dont work well, I want my LED 1 light up, when the wire 1 connect, and wire 2 connected,the LED 2 will light up. However now the 3 LED also light up

Thank you so much !

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,705 Views)

Hello. I love your schematic, it is great.

but lets get serios -

a few problems -

transistors - you connected them all wrong way - collector and emitter should be swopted

resistors R11,12,13 - are to big - let say LED's  direct current is 10 mA, voltage across LED is 2.0 v, and transistor's Vceo is close to 0, so resistance should be (5-2)\0.01 = 300 Ohm

resistors R14.15.16  - there is no need for them actually,

resistors R17.18.19 should be much higher - arounf 2..10 k

fix all that and try again

good luck

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,692 Views)

hi,Michael

my 7 segment displays still can not function as well

and my LED is some problem again.When my level 1 connected,my led 1 is off,another 2 is ON.

May i ask you why the voltage go through the Led is 2V?

thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,681 Views)

Again, this forum is NOT dedicated to solve circuit design problems. 

However, it is very normal that there is a voltage drop across a LED of approx. 2V. There is current flowing through the LED and the output power (converted to light) must have an origin, so there must be a voltage difference between the two terminals of a LED. The approx. 2V are due to the properties of the internal junction of a LED. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,670 Views)

Hello,

look, in order to answer you I have to understand what task you are trying to acomlosh, and I do not.

please describe how that module shuld work.

In the meantime I do not understand, why you connected U1-11 to the GRND constantly.

I 'd recomend  - when you are getting  description of what that module should do, build to your selt true table of all input and output conditions .

it 'll make  much easier to build and to troubleshoot.

2 V it is avarage direct drop voltage for most LEDs. that number is good for draft calculations.

exact voltage could be found in specific LED data .

thanks

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,656 Views)

Sorry,may i know what forum can i ask this kind of question?thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,506 Views)

Thank you!

now i trying connect to breadboard

0 Kudos