Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ultiboard track size

Hi, I am a beginner to Ultiboard...

I have designed my (very simple) circuit in Multisim, and have transferred it to Ultiboard. This worked fine and I can use Autoplacement and Autoroute without errors.

So far so good.

But what I want to do it change the default settings so that the circuit layout is more manageable. What I mean is that I want all the components to be widely separated and the tracks to be nice and big with lots of space between holes and components etc. so that it is easy for me to etch/solder etc.

However, when I try to change the settings, I get loads of errors, and Ultiboard seems to try to cram everything together anyway and then complain that all the parts are too close.

Does anyone have a nice easy tutorial on how to accomplish what I want to do?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,157 Views)

Hi there,

I am not familiar with the tutorial material available to users, but perhaps our PSE's could suggest something.

Just a thought, perhaps you are changing the minimum part spacing requirements for components instead of the part spacing for the autoplacer? To change the part spacing for the autoplacer, do this:

1. Transfer your design from Multisim to Ultiboard
  2. Click Autoroute>>Autoroute/place Options
  3. Click on the Autoplace tab
  4. Change the Global part spacing setting. You can play with the other options in this dialog to achieve a more optimal routing.

Hope that helps.

----------
Yi
Software Developer
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,142 Views)

that worked! thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,095 Views)