From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ultiboard importing a dxf file to board outline layer

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to import a board outline from another cad file but i have several problems.  First, with the 'Board Outline' layer selected,  if I import the .dxf file it places it in the color white, whereas this layer should be yellow.   How do I convince Ultiboard that this is the board outline?

Also my board outline has a semicircular path in its  perimeter;  the whole board is rectangular but there's a half circle contour on one of the sides.  When I import the .dxf, this comes out as a complete circle.  So any idea what is wrong?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,160 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jweaver

Hi Jweaver,

When importing a board outline, Ultiboard imports the layer settings from the DXF file, including the colour. Often, this colour is white in AutoCAD, and so when you import the file, the board outline layer is white. You can check this in the Design Toolbox, and also change the colour back to yellow.

The DXF import in Ultiboard has some limitations, which is probably why the import is converting the half circle to a complete circle. The next release of Ultiboard has some fixes to the DXF import, and unfortunately, there isn't anything you can do until that time. However, I encourage you to post the DXF file here so I can check if the issue is resolved.

Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,144 Views)