From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

symbol pin names

I've created a symbol for a microcontroller and in the symbol editor, all the pin names on the right side of the symbol line up nicely with the edge of the symbol. However, when placed in the schematic, all the pin names on the right side of the symbol spill outside of the body of the symbol onto the pins/pin numbers. The names only line up correctly with the zoom set to 100%. Unfortunately it does not work than way when it is printed. I have not been able to figure out how to get it to print correct. 

Any 'tricks' to getting the names to line up? I suspect it has something to do with long pin names. Since the microcontroller has multifunction IO pins, some of the names are very long. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,851 Views)

Hi,

In Multisim, select Tools>>Database>>Database Manager>>Components, select the User or Corporate database in the "Database Name;" drop down menu, highlight the component under the "Component List" and then press the "Export" button, save the .prz file somewhere on your computer.  Can you zip the file and post it on this forum, I like to have a look at it.  Also, drop the component on an empty schematic and post the Multisim file as well.  Finally, please indicate what version you are using by select Help>>About Multisim.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,838 Views)

Multisim Power Pro

Version 11.0 (11.0.458)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,788 Views)

Hi,

It looks like there is a font issue, I will get the developer to investigate this problem.  For now, here is a work around:

1.  Click on the component to select it

2.  Select Options>>Sheet Properties>>Font

3.  Change the font size to 6 by typing in the value directly in the field

4.  Place a check in the Footprint and Symbol pin check boxes

5.  Press Apply and then OK

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,750 Views)

That looks terrible. But at least you can read them.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,732 Views)

I am expreriencig a same proble there. With small zoom, the component looks ok, but when increasing zoom, the footprint names slide out from component.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,499 Views)

It is strange, coz in the symbol edititor, the zoom are ok.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,495 Views)