From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

subcircuits with bus connectors do not connect

Hi,

I have 'automatically connect when pins are touching' checked, but when I place a subcicuit with bus connectors with the bus pin touching the bus, they do not connect.  In order to connect I need to move the bus away from the pin and then draw a new bus segment to the pin.  Shouldn't this connect automatically the way single wire subcircuit pins do?  This is kind of a pain since I have many buses on my subcircuits and multiple subcircuits in the design.

I find I need to reconnect often since when I move the bus connectors around within the subcircuit they become disconnected at the top level.  This is not obvious until I start hooking up bus lines somewhere and see the proper lines are not in the bus.

Is there a way to make this work as I expected?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,902 Views)

Hi dbur,

Is it possible for you to post the circuit or part of the circuit which is having the problem.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,894 Views)

Here is a sample.  If you move the SC a grid point you can see which busses are not connected.  If you move it back the red dots appear indicating they will be connected, but they apparently do not.

i.e. try it with the VTBdbgBus.

David B

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,886 Views)

Hi dbur,

I looked into the circuit and it is not possible to just connect busses from subciruits like this. The option saying connect pins by touching is for components and it will not work in this case. Unfortunately at this time, you have to do this manually. I will pass on your concerns to R&D.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,869 Views)