From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sma plug problem

Hello everyone,

I am very new to Multisim. I am trying to design a preamplifier and I would like to use SMA 142-0701-801 as an input as well as an output in my circuit.

I chose the RF COAXIAL 73391-0060. However, when I place this component on ultiboard, it remains in a vertical position rather than being in a horizontal position as shown in the attachment.

SMA PLUG.PNG I would like it to be in a horizontal position like this one

image.jpg

Kindly could someone help me. Thanks

Regards,

Mel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,725 Views)

Hi Cheps,

I don't think is possible to place a component on the sides like the picture. My suggestion is to take the component, in a vertical position, the closest you can to a side and get ready for a nice soldering.  

Regards,

PedroR

Message 2 of 7
(3,695 Views)

Yes, you can do it.

Here is a free gift for you (might need to be on ver 14.1) to open it).

If not you may have to create this  part yourself, or if you can open this one you may have to modify it a bit to match your exact part.

Note you cannot do a horizontal cylinder in the 3D view so you have to accept the horizontal rectangle is the round threaded part of the SMA.

SMA edge.PNG

Message 3 of 7
(3,693 Views)

Dear PedroR,

Thank you so much for your response. I was worrie dthat maybe there was a concept that I wasn't getting. I appreciate the reply.

Let me design it as you have said.

Thanks

Warm Regards,Cheps

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,673 Views)

Hi, 

I've 14.1 and when I open the zip files, the package is missing.  I'm not sure how to export the package but I will appreciate if you can add it to the post.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,349 Views)

Open the SMAedge.ewprj file directly with UB and the part should be in the design as shown above.  You can then select the part and add to your database.  If that doesn't work I'm not sure why.  I just checked it in my UB14.1.  If you open in MS and export to UB the part will not be there since you don't have it in your library yet.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,344 Views)

Yes, once opened, I did select it and I was able to save the footprint to my database.  

This is Great! Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,341 Views)