From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacement of MC1496 in multisim

what is replacement of MC1496/MC1596 in Multisim when used for modulation and demodulation purposes.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(12,990 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(12,943 Views)

Hi there,

A very simple component which can be used to test modulation/demodulation is the MULTIPLIER component. It can be found in the Sources group and the CONTROL_FUNCTION_BLOCKS family.

I guess you can never find such an ideal component in real life, but its a good place to start prototyping your ideas.

Many semiconductor vendors make analog multipliers and mixers. Have you tried to find these components and their SPICE models?

----------
Yi
Software Developer
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(12,942 Views)

I need to mc1496 for multisim

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(12,326 Views)
hey Tien P i reaaally need ur help i've no idea about multisim or simulation but i've tried to fallow everything u've said about simulation of the AM modulation i've create a new component ( MC1496) & i changed the pins 7 & 11 & 9 &13 to NC but still i get errors , so if u look at it i'll appreciate it for ever.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(11,925 Views)

Hello sensirinatesla...,

Please look at the post mentioned above...

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(11,904 Views)