Message 11 of 20
(2,652 Views)

Hey Lynn...

I have tried your circuit... And this is what it gave:

BJT TT.png

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(2,650 Views)

One does not usually put a load (X6) in the base circuit.  If the transistor has hfe = 40, then change R1 to 450 ohms and remove X6.  That should be a more realistic circuit and should give similar results at X7.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(2,643 Views)

My problem is that.. I want a sensor to actuate the 400V circuit. In short, the circuit supplying the base current should be a sensor.

How can I do that?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(2,635 Views)

What kind of signal will the sensor produce? A voltage? A change in conductivity? A change in current? Something else? How big will the change be between the value or range of values which represent OFF and those which represent ON? You need that information to design a switching circuit.

What are the load voltage and current requirements?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(2,632 Views)

The sensor is just there to detect the presence of an object or not. I think a change in voltage ( 5V or 0V ) would be ok.

The circuit needs to actuate a motor which will open or close a gate. 

I have not chosen the motor yet as I am still trying at simulation level. Once I get a safe and efficient circuit, then I will adjust accordingly.

What circuit do you suggest?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(2,626 Views)

Some senosrs produce a voltage which varies proportionally to the distance between the object and the sensor.  Others have internal circuitry and switch between 0 V and 5 V when the object passes a threshold distance.  You need to choose the type of sensor before determining the type of circuit needed.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(2,620 Views)

I'll prefer the 0V or the 5V sensor.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(2,612 Views)

Which version of multisim I find transistor 2N1711?transis

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,550 Views)

The 2N1711 Transistor can be found by default in the Master Database of any Multisim Professional version.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,512 Views)