From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multisim

Solved!
Go to solution
I am working on a circuit to study the effects of load on the source side and study the harmonics present in the circuit due to the load. I worked on it but I need a Fourier analysis of input current waveform in order to study the harmonics. I am attaching the pictures of the two models I am working on and i need help in getting the Fourier analysis of the wave at the current probe at 230 v input signal.I am getting an error as :LENGTHS DO NOT MATCH the Fourier analysis i am attaching is for inductive load. I am expecting a solution at the earliest
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,037 Views)

I recreated your circuit and was able to run Fourier analysis with no issue. What version of Multisim are you using? Are you running Fourier analysis with default settings? 

Could you attach your circuit so we can take a closer look?

Thanks,

Jeff 

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,943 Views)

I am using multisim version 11.0 and I tried to simulate the circuit by setting the parameters to default.but still i face the same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,921 Views)

Hi Priyatham24, 

Could you attach your ms11 file so we can take a closer look? 

Thanks,

Jeff

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,861 Views)

I am attaching ms 11 file here.but can you be quick in analysing the simulation, because i have got some deadlines, so i request you to make it quick. thanking you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,856 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Priyatham24

This was caused by an legacy issue with our internal simulation engine with the syntax used in some device parameters - in this case the square brackets used in the current expression in your output variable. 

This was fixed and works correctly in Multisim 13 and later versions. 

If Multisim 13 is not an option for you, you can get the analysis to work in Multisim 11 by removing the current output variable in the Output tab of the Fourier Analysis settings, selecting "All variables" from the dropdown in the left-hand variables list, and adding the "I(h1:xcp1)" variable to the analysis. This is the same variable, just with a different syntax, and will not cause any issues when running the simulation. 

I hope that helps.

Jeff

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,852 Views)
thank you ..it worked
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,848 Views)

why dont someone help me regarding using smps in multisim. I have already posted in the forum regarding this but none replied.can you help me regarding this.for more, check my post on smps with flyback as subject

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,743 Views)