Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multisim

I have a very simple and a popular crowbar circuit that you find in many power supply design. The circuit is attached.

Can you help simulate this circuit. I am not able to make it work. I am trying a demo version of software before I decide to buy the software.

Thank you,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,634 Views)

Hi PDENSo

I hope you are having a great week! I wired a circuit pretty similar to the one in the PDF attached and had no trouble to get it to simulate. The only limiting factor that I found was that the 2N2326 component is not available in the Multisim Database, in which case you will require the Spice model of the component and add it as a custom component as suggested in this document. Since this particular component was not available, I picked another component that seemed similar to me. 

I noticed you indicated you were having simulation issues, but the description is not very specific. Could you please let us know what specific issues are you having?

Find my version of the Crowbar Circuit attached.

WenR

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,585 Views)

Thanks alot for your reply. Can you possibly share your parameter simulation; meaning how did you configure your Transient analysis settings?

Plus, I could not open your attachment. What format is it in.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,547 Views)

I also forgot to ask you if you can share your simulation results.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,545 Views)

The file is in version 14 of Multisim. The simulation parameters must be adjusted for the circuit it self if convergence issues arise, and they will depend on the model of the components used. Are you having convergence issues? The circuit I uploaded is just an example of what you requested, the model must be changed to match the corresponding 2N2326 in your circuit. 

WenR

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,525 Views)

Thanks for your help. I will try it again and I will let you know if any problems

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,517 Views)