Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multisim simulate real element

Hi,

I would like to know that whether an instrument can be replaced by a program, such as multisim, labview and DAQ card? And whether a real signal can be input into a multisim program?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,364 Views)

Hi

I donot understand what you mean "an instrument can be replaced by a program", you mean virtual instrument? I think we need at least one physical device to get a real signal(DAQ card or something else).

Jing Qu
NISH AE
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,344 Views)

Thanks for you reply. I am sorry not make it sense.

Sure, I want to build a virtual instrument with a DAQ card, LabVIEW and Multisim. My question is that whether with these stuff the performance of virtal instrument will be same or similar to the real device. If this hypothesis can come true why we have to build real instrument? Are there any difference between the virtual and real devices and how much is it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,337 Views)

My question is that if i build a virtual instrument with multisim, whether i can input real signal into the virtual instrument and analyze it with the virtual instrument?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,281 Views)

It is possible to record a real signal as a Labview Measurement (.lvm) file and import it into Multisim as a signal power supply for use through your circuit or with existing virtual instruments in Multisim.

This would not be simultaneous or real-time in any way, but it is certainly a useful element of Multisim. 

Ash Beigi
Academic Technical Sales Representative
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,241 Views)

See screencap, you place it like any other voltage source. Place it on the workspace, then double click on it to open the dialog for LVM file selection.

It will work like any other signal voltage supply, and can be set to repeat.

Ash Beigi
Academic Technical Sales Representative
National Instruments - Electronics Workbench Group
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,239 Views)

Hi,Ash Beigi

Thanks for your reply. I would like to know that whether this is the only way to input real signal into virtual instrument with multisim?

I have another question: why NI does not design some input channel in multisim to obtain real signal in real time, like that in LabVIEW? I have a hypothesis: with some program turning analog signal into digital ones, multisim can work as a real device.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,209 Views)