From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multisim 9:- "Simulation shows error:no such file"

I am a new user with Multisim.

Everytime i start simulation, the Simultion Error/Log shows "Error: C\Docume~1\D: No such file or directory".

I have installed the multisim on my G drive.

Could someone please tell me how to simulate and get rid of this error.

Or tell me what all settings must be made before any simulation.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,290 Views)
During simulation, Multisim creates a temporary file which is saved to the C:\ drive which contains the actual simulation output. This is the file that Multisim is having difficulty finding. This file path is set by environment variables. If you are in a situation where you do not have write access to your C drive (since you are installed on your G:\) drive I would recommend changing your environment variables with the following procedure:

1.) Start >>Control Panel >> System
2.) Click on the "Advanced" tab
3.) Click on the "Environment Variables" button
4.) Change the TEMP and TMP environment variables to point to a place where you have write access, such as on the G drive.

Message 2 of 5
(8,277 Views)

Hi bhavesh, thanks.

I am the administrator on my computer. So i have access to my c drive. Do i have to change some settings for the multisim 9 or can i change the location where multisim creates the temporary file?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,262 Views)
Although the error I mentioned is for Administrator vs. User access, I would recommend that you try the listed solution, as it will still get you simulating correctly. The problem here is that there is some read/write issue with that particular folder on your computer so changing the environment variables should fix the problem.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(8,215 Views)
I have had just the same problem with NI Multisim 10 Education Edition, Version 10.0.144. The solution described worked fine. I've only had to change the %TEMP% environment variable.

I dare suppose that Multisim does not support national alphabet characters in temporary folder name. In my case Windows user account name consisted of Cyrillic characters. So, creating a different user account (with only English letters in its name) also solves the problem.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,957 Views)