Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multisim 10.1 install problems

had multisim 5 for years and well it will not run on vista or xp 64 or windows 7 beta.(due to 16 bit code in it0. downloaded multisuite 10.1 evaluation but first said needed eployer 7 then said needed net 1.1. installed both. now it still refuses to install. it shows all the screens but at the one that shows the verious fetures to install; its blank so it will fail to start the install. asked national about it and they said (ready for this). they do not support windows xp 64 bit or vista. they got to be nuts. windows 7 is based on windows 2003(xp x64) plus in 2 years 64 will be the norm. has anyone found a fix for this or a patch.  im rumnning windows xp x64(server2003 sp2)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(10,100 Views)

Hi Ken,

From your post, it seems like you got some incorrect information. Version 10.0.1 and later (including 10.1), are supported on Windows 2000 SP4+, Windows XP (32-bit only), Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit). We have also done cursory testing of 10.1 on Windows 7, and it seems to work, although this is not a supported operating system. I think you are trying to install on Windows XP 64-bit (or Windows Server 2003), both of which are not a supported operating systems, and I believe you will find the installer will refuse to install on this OS. Unfortunately, I don't think there is any workaround.

Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(10,083 Views)

I got the same problem when attempted to install v10.1 in XP x64, ( no features to install ). It makes no sense, because  v10.0.1 is running perfectly in the same OS, i don't understand why all my programs for XP x32 now are working in x64 and only NI multisim v10.1 installer refuses to do it. I will keep trying to find a way cuz i love XP X64 and Multisim v10.1

if i succeed  i will let you know, if anyone find it out, please let us know.

Good luck

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,890 Views)

I installed on XP x64 in a tricky way. It seems to be an installation issue and not a software one. Installation program do not recognize Win Server based OSs...

I manually installed all .msi files  found in "parts" folder in CD. After this, I do a "normal" installation and all go ok! 😉

Sorry for bad english 

Message 4 of 5
(7,847 Views)

That worked for me; thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,249 Views)