Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import a data in any iteration of multisim

Hello

I want to use a Controlled source in multisim.

But I want to get data using a file in any iteration of solution.

for example for t0 I have a text file including (V0) which it can control a current source.

then in next iteration t1 I have another text file including (V1) , this V1 is calculate using a function an Labview or Matlab using previous solution of multisim.

and this iteration could be iterate to t(end).

Would you please help me for this problem.?

for example please see attached file.

I have a ode equation {xdot+x=Vprobe2 and I1=x+Vprobe1}

So in first iteration x must be calculate using labview or matlab x(0) then using this x(0) , Vprobe2(1) must be calculated. And this iteration repeated.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,752 Views)

Hi Naser,

I don't fully understand you question but I will provide some information that may be useful.

-  If you want to load data into a source, use the Piecewise Linear Source (PWL), this source allows you to load txt data, there one for voltage and current.

- At t0, you can preset the voltage on some components or wire. For example if you double-click on the capacitor to open the properties dialog, under the Value tab there is an option to set the initial condition and for a wire it's under the Simulation Setting tab. If you use the instrument, select Simulate>>Interactive Simulation, click the drop down arrow for Initial Condition and select "User defined". 

If the information I am providing does not help, please provide more details.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,697 Views)

Hi

Could you please tell me how import  data vector of binary values from MATLAB to multisim for the purpose of convert it to Analog signal?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,260 Views)

Hello senaka2014

What you can do is export to Excel the read the data in Multisim using LabVIEW Based Virtual Instrument for NI Multisim.

I attached the links below.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multisim-and-Ultiboard/How-to-export-from-multism-to-matlab/td-p/1559574

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Academic-Hardware-Products-ELVIS/multisim/m-p/3192619#M4882

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,247 Views)

Dear David 

Thank you for your kind response. But I need to import data from MATLAB to Multisim. Not Multisim to MATLAB. How to do it please?.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,245 Views)

Dear David

Is it possible if we make MATLAB as a  COM Server and Multisim as a COM client to get data from MATLAB to Multisim? I am new to this COM protocol applications. Are you familier with those? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,241 Views)