From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help stop counter 74HC193 on 9

Hello again guys,

I'm having another problem on how to make my counter count 10 states (0-9) only, and I want to use a logical and diode junction, my method is to connect 2 diodes to the corrosponding 1s (which are Q0 and Q3) and the output is connect to UP pin so that the UP stays High no matter what the timer 555 output is and stays so until I use the Down pin by another circuit later, weird things happen when I use the diode method as I don't want to add an entire IC only to do this.

I thought maybe it won't work because the diodes output is considered analog and won't work with 74HC193, so maybe through manipulating the timer555 circuit.

thank you in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,515 Views)

Ok, sorry i'm fairly a newbie in design, but trying hard lol, i figured it out by using 74LS192D (BCD counter with up/down clocks) but still How can I freeze my counter IC using AND gate diode junction until the DOWN pin is used ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,512 Views)
You will be much better off using the 74LS190 instead of the 74LS192. The LS190 has a single clock input. Up/down counting is controlled by another input (~U/D) & the counter can be 'frozen' via the CTEN pin.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,467 Views)

The datasheet shows that the pin CTEN have to be ground, to make the counter to count. So, how can i "frozen" 74LS191 count, when the 7 segment display reach 9?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,999 Views)