Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

havving issues in simulation

Greetings!

I am working on building a traffic signal controller, using schematics found in a velleman kit. The problem I am having is, upon running the sim, only the red and green led's remain lit, never cycling through the sequence. I have provided a link to the schematic below, if someone with more technical expirience might be able to shed some light as to what is wrong, I'd greatly appreciate it.

What I want to do eventually, is to eliminate the LED's and utilize small 4.5 volt relays, that would be able to trigger larger 12V or 120V lamps.

Thanks for any input!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,612 Views)

O.K. Here we go. Your initial circuit was not working because the oscillator was not putting out anything but 12VDC. Go into SIMULATE>INTERACTICE SIMULATION SETTINGS and the Box that says Initial Conditions. Use the arrow button and in the drop down box click where it says Set to Zero. This will get it working.  

Due to the low frequency of the oscillator it takes about 6 Seconds on the simulator timer for you to see the LED's change indicating it is cycling. With the default setup you are going to be sitting there a while wainting for this. So to speed thing up a bit your can go back into the simulator settings menu and down in the middle where it says Set Maximum Timestep (TMAX) Click the first little circle under that and in the box to the right where it says 1E-005 change that to 1E-003. 

I hope this help you get your circuit working.

Have a Nice Day

Edit: Your web link isn't working for some reason. Maybe you can try reposting that.

Message Edited by lacy on 09-16-2007 08:13 AM

Kittmaster's Component Database
http://ni.kittmaster.com

Have a Nice Day
Message 2 of 4
(3,602 Views)
Lacy,

Thank you! That worked great!

It seems as I don't know enough about MS10 yet, but I am still learning. Now I can modify the circuit to allow the use of relays and hopefully everything will work as planned.

As far as the web link goes, I should have put that file into a .zip format as the webserver I am running will not download files other than .zip or .rar automatically when the link is clicked. I will probably fix that today.

Thanks again!

Don
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,593 Views)

Hi,

Can someone help out here. I'm trying to simulate a bandpass active filter circuit.  I connected a function generator to input and an oscilloscope and bode plotter to the output but when I run the simulation it doesn't behave as it should. Infact, I can't even understand the output in the oscilloscope. I've attached the circuit.

I will appreciate any help.  Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,955 Views)