Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

footprint deleted

Solved!
Go to solution

Using Multisim 10, and Ultiboard one of my footprints in Multisim has disapeared recently,

the fault occured after editing the footprint of a standard 2x8 Pin Header, and assigning this to a custom footprint of my own design

(successfully made in Ultiboard)

the Header was in the Master Component file of the Component List, I realise I should have copied this 2x8 Header to a User Component directory, then edited the footprint, but the fault is done now !

I have looked at settings in Multisim but cannot find where this footprint is stored,

all the other component footprints seem fine eg. 2x7, 2x9 etc, just the 2x8 disapeared,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,545 Views)

Hi rtall,

I am currently looking into if there is a way to recover a deleted footprint. It may be that you have to create another new footprint as described in this link

I hope to have a solution for you shortly,

John McLaughlin
Academic Account Manager
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,524 Views)

footprint1.JPG

John,

thanks for that

the footprint has actually been deleted from the Master database in Multisim,

so adding to the corporate or user database will not reverse the fault,

have checked, and footprint exists in Ultiboard,

Hope you can recover the appropiate datafile !

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,518 Views)

Hi Rtall

John is away from the office this week, so I will be taking over this problem and helping you to solve the issue.

I have had a look at some supporting documents and other posts regarding the database in multisim. There doesn't seem to be any way of recovering this file, as it sounds like it has been changed into a new footprint and not deleted as such, this is an easy mistake to make, to prevent this in future you can disable database editing in the Global Restrictions options, however, you need to configure this setting on each computer, there is no way to apply this change to all the computers at the same time. This might be something to look into if there are a number of users, it will save the same issue occurring again.

To restore the database I think you will need to remove multisim from your system and then reinstall from scratch, I understand that this is time consuming, but it will return multisim to its original condition, including the missing footprint file. If you open control panel, and depending on your operating system select add/remove programs or the programs and features tab, select NI software from the list, this will open a popup menu where you can select individual components of the NI software to remove.

Let me know how this goes, so that if it doesn't work we can continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Thanks

Stephanie L
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK and Ireland
Message 4 of 5
(3,479 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rtall

Thanks for that,

I will probably do a Multism re install at some stage to recover the lost footprint

in the Multisim Master Database,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,374 Views)