Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fatal error Multisim 10.1.1

Solved!
Go to solution

I just purchased a textbook that comes with a CD containing Multisim 10.1.1. When I try running it is says "Fatal error. Unable to find initialization file." I am running Windows 7 - 64 bit. I am pretty sure this is the problem since it doesn't specify that it's compatible.

If someone could give me some help on what I can do to make this work that would be great.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,212 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andy R

Hello Andy,

Multisim 10.1.1 is not officially supported on Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit), however some customers have been able to install it with no problems. Here are some suggestions:

• Make sure that you have an Administrator account on your computer.
  • Disable any antivirus and antispyware software.
  • Copy the contents of the CD to your computer and run the installer from there.
  • Are you installing the software on a computer that is set up for Asian characters?

By the way, is this an evaluation edition? or, did you receive a Serial Number to activate Multisim 10.1.1? If this is for evaluation it would be better to donwload and install the lastest version, 11.0.1. Click here to download this version.

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,156 Views)

Thank you very much. I got that to work.

I had the student version of it. I opened the contents of the CD and manually ran the setup installer. I don't know why in auto run it didn't work.

Regardless, thank you for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,146 Views)