From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error placing multipart components in Multisim 9

I am using Multisim 9 and Ultiboard 9. This is a new install due to an OS crash.

In Multisim in a circuit I am working on, I want to place new components, however when I place any part, the normal refdes, example R13, appears wiith the part, but if I place a second part of the same type, its refdes should be R14, however once placed, the previous R13 refdes changes to R14 and I end up with 2 R14s. No error is flagged by multisim and if I transfer to Ultiboard, only one instance of the part shows up. This happens if I  choose a multipart component as well. Example I place CD4050B - a 6 part non-inverting buffer (a Master library part) and placing the first one assigns the next available U reference designator with an 'A' suffix. Placing the 'B' part changes the previously placed 'A' suffix part to 'B'. Again making duplicates of the REFDES. This happens with any multiple instance of the same type of part. This happens with multipart logic chips, resistors and transistors. 

I cannot fix this problem with any menu items in Multisim 9.  When I start a new blank schematic, I can place the same parts that I was having trouble with and they place normally.

This indicates that there isn't likely a library problem but rather something has damaged my schematic. This is a 3 page schematic which I would really like to avoid re-entering into a new project. Can anyone offer a fix to this problem?

Yes, I have tried to copy the entire schematic first page onto a new schematic workspace and the problem still persists.

Thankyou for any assistance that anyone can provide. 

Alan 

Winnipeg, CANADA 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,054 Views)

Hi LFCMAN,

Is it possible for you to upload your circuit so that we can take a look at it.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,014 Views)

I can send the schematic file. Can I send it without it being made public on the forum? Once a solution or explanation is found, we can post that to close the issue.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,004 Views)

Hi LFCMAN,

I have sent you a private message. Please reply to that.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,999 Views)

Hello Tayyab

I have applied the updates you suggested to Multisim 9 Pro and copied my circuit to a new project schematic and the problem is resolved.

Thank you for your prompt solution to this problem.

-Al

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,982 Views)