Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital potensiometer component for multisim

Hello!

I'm a student and new here!

I ask because I need a digital potensiometer component like X9317W or X9511 to use it on multisim for a circuit that I have to make in class, but I cannot find anywhere in the net!

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,016 Views)

Hi,

If you need this component for schematic only, you can create your own component and if you don't know how, have a look at tutorial from the following link.  In Component Wizard step 1, select "Layout only" this will reduce the number of steps in the wizard.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3173

We don't have digital potentiometer in the database but there is a versatile component called the Voltage Controlled Resistor (VCS) and you can find his component in the "Basic" group under the "Basic Virtual" family. 

The VCS is very easy to use, the input voltage controls the resistance and if you look at the attached example, you will see that I used two VCS to simulate a potentiometer.  The component V2 and V3 are Analog Behaviour Model (ABM), if you double click on it your will see the command.  V3 reads the voltage at node 4 while V2 have the equation: 2-V(4).  The component V1 is a Piece Wise Linear Source (PWL) which is a voltage that starts a 0V at time=0sec and as time increases it ramp up to 2V.  What this circuit demonstrates is you have a 2Kohm potentiometer, and you are turning the wiper position from one side to the other

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,967 Views)

Thanks for the reply, but we have v10......Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,961 Views)

Here is the V10 file.

Tien P.

National Instruments