Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't install multisim 11 Visual c++ runtime error

Solved!
Go to solution
i always get Runtime error while installing NI multisim 11 on my PC my Configuration are Intel dual core 1.8ghz 1gb ram and windows 7 professional genuine fully updated what can be the possible reason can anyone tell me reply asap.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(11,615 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Monty1987

Hi,

I haven't heard of this error before (and we have installed on a number of Windows 7 machines).

Usually when there is a runtime error, there is also an error code. Could you provide me with that error code. Also, when does this error occur? Are you unzipping the installer, installer initializing, while the 'parts' are being installed?

Finally, if you dowloaded the installer, have you tried redownloading?

Message Edited by GarretF on 01-25-2010 08:12 AM
Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(11,583 Views)

Error.jpgthanks for replying, the error comes up when i tried to install multisim i click to autorun it starts setup and after few seconds it give following error "Runtime Error" im adding the screen shot of the error also it does not give any error code

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(11,570 Views)

We haven't solved the problem yet. Smiley Happy

My best guess as to the problem is that you have a corrupt download. I remember download another program (not NIs) that took me 5 times before it was right, so I'd like you to check the MD5 sum of the download.

1. Download and install an MD5 sum application (I use http://www.nullriver.com/products/winmd5sum).
  2. Check the MD5 sum of downloaded Multisim
    1. Run the program (Start > All Programs > winMd5Sum > winMd5Sum)3
    2. Click the ... for File Name, and browse to the file you downloaded (NI_Circuit_Design_Suite_11_0.exe or NI_Circuit_Design_Suite_11_0_Education.exe)
    3. Paste in the appropriate MD5 sum from below, and click Compare

Professional MD5 Sum:  953a5701902550f075c805da673eea0d

Educational MD5 Sum: c31c64c469dac2e38d852865a9563ac5

If the MD5 sum doesn't match, download again. If the MD5 sum do match, let me know, and I will give some more instructions.

Garret
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(11,563 Views)

Thanks for reply as you have suggested me to compare both the MD5 Check sum but both are same ie the download is not corrupted so there may be another problem with the installation im also attaching the MD5 checksum screen shot with this reply

kindly look into that

thanks

Regards

MD5.jpg 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(11,548 Views)

I would like you to check something else then. Windows is probably logging more information about the error, and I would like to see this information.

1. Run the installer to get the error again.
  2. Open the Control Panel
  3. Switch to the Classic View
  4. Select Administrative Tools, then Event Viewer
  5. On the left, select Event Viewer > Windows Logs
  6. There are two items of interest - Application and System. Have a look in both for any recent Error.
  7. For each error (probably only one)
    1. Select the Details tab, the select the XML View
    2. Copy and paste the text into your reply
EventViewer.png

Garret
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(11,537 Views)

hi

i have tried the following u have suggested but windows event logger does not generate error log. i don't know what went wrong with the setup i have once again downloaded the software and try to installing it again. even in windows xp sp2 mode but again it failed with the same error please suggest me more on this

Thanks

Regards

Swapnil 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(11,514 Views)

At this point, I'm going to have to suggest that you contact support directly with your issue. They may be able to give your additional suggestions as I actually don't know much about our installer.

The address to contact technical support is ni.com/ask .

Garret
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(11,499 Views)

hi

i have tried to contact ni support @ ni.com/ask but till now i havent received any help on that error? same installation package i have tried to install on windows xp it works fine but now i have windows 7 im unable to install please help 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(11,370 Views)

Hi friend! It not a joke, probably is ridiculous, but make so: Before installation enter in

" Start/Contril Panel ", choose item " Regional and Language Options ", press on tab

"Advansed" and be convinced that is established (or replase) in " Language for non unicode

programs " - language "English". And after end of installation can return your

language.setting back. Otherwise setup.exe will swear: " runtime error!"This application has

requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's

support team for more information."

Can check up, and if so, send thank, differently send abuse.

I am surprised, as "regional Settings" were provided by programmers of such solid firm, as NI

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(10,860 Views)