Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I import a netlist to my design in UB?

Solved!
Go to solution

I thought I used to be able to import a netlist to my UB project.  Now I only have import/dxf function.

If I open a netlist, or drag one and drop it on my design, it opens a whole new design rather than importing it to my existing design.

Is that a function we lost at some rev?

Is a forward annotate from MS now the only way to get a new netlist imported?  Or am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,586 Views)

Ultiboard Help:

1. Select File»Open, navigate to the desired .ewnet file and click Open. The Import Netlist dialog box appears.

Note  The Import Netlist dialog box also appears when you select Transfer»Transfer to Ultiboard»Transfer to Ultiboard 11.0 in Multisim and save the file that you are transferring as a .ewnet file.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,583 Views)

When I do this it imports into a new clean design rather than the one I'm working on.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,570 Views)

Netlist should be *.ewnet. Whether there is at you such file?
* - the file name.
At file opening in Ultiboard the file name will not change.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,565 Views)

It does change.  If my design was ABC, it creates a new one ABC_1.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,562 Views)

Perhaps, you already have file ABC.ewnet? Then it can be changed, using Transfer>> Forvard annotate...( in Multisim), or to remove an existing file (ABC.ewnet), and then to make import of a new file.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,558 Views)

Yes that's right.  I already have ABC.ewprj and I have a new ABC.ewnet I want to import into it.  As you said I can do an FA in MS, but sometimes I just want to load/re-load the netlist.  I used to be able to do this.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,539 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dbur

After creation new netlist, open old file in Ultiboard and: Transfer>> Forvard Annotate From File...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,536 Views)

Now that's what I was looking for.  That used to be under file/import I think.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,532 Views)