From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Confusion

Hi All,

I'm getting confused as to the versions and flavors of Multisim. I purchase the Power Pro Suite and yearly maintenance at good expense, yet only the student version provides VHDL (Xylinx) tools. Power Pro advertises a component palette of 35,000+ components while 'Multisim Blue' apparently has 100,000 and is conveniently linked to Mouser for free.

We also have the Multisim/Digi-Key part generator as another piece of the puzzle.

All the vendors and manufacturers should get a database together. It's too close NOT to happen.

Why isn't there a startup check in Multisim that informs you that the component database has been updated with a convenient download option?

It just seems like we're almost there! Pull it all together.

I know that NI is all about Labview, but if more circuits are designed, then there is a bigger need for test. Take the design suites forward and integrate good ideas. All these bits and pieces have been nice experiments, but they should lead to solid ground somewhere.

All the best,

Jim Shedden

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,362 Views)

Hi Jim, 

Thanks for the feedback. In the link below you will find NI-Multisim components and Models updated up to the latest version of Multisim.

NI Multisim Components and Models.  

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/5607/en/

Regards. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,212 Views)