cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultiboard 11.0.1 issues

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Folks,

I'm using the evaluation version of CDS 11.0.1 and I have met some issues. I don't know whether they're my faults or bugs thus I'd ask some experts. This topic might be useful for others to collect similar questions.

The major problem is when I'm trying to connect the pads of a TQFP-48 package I either can't do or get DRC errors. I have attached the corresponding file.

There is a minor problem I found. If you switch to the 3D view, you'll find a rendering error on the TQFP-48 packages pins. It only happens when you place the package to the opposite side of the board.

Many thanks for the patience and assistance.

Kind Regards

Tony

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,737 Views)

Set Trace clearens 0.127мм

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,724 Views)

TW is 0.127mm and now I set TC to 0.127mm. No difference. I even tried TC 0.0625mm, same issue.

I've uploaded the updated file.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,718 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author agentgates

Check up a clearance

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,716 Views)

Ah ok. Many thanks! I didn't look for it in the table I've just selected everything and set the global values. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,712 Views)

"There is a minor problem I found. If you switch to the 3D view, you'll find a rendering error on the TQFP-48 packages pins. It only happens when you place the package to the opposite side of the board."

I see this quite often, mostly with pins that don't rotate correctly.  I continue to struggle with this and can't find reliable ways to make it work.  Fortunatetly the 3D imaging is just a 'nice' thing and not required to be spotless to get a design done.

This also happens on the top side.  I quite often have trouble with parts that have more than one pin style.  To get a different 3D model the pins need to be grouped and the 3D options set for the group.  Pin rotation just seems totally random in those cases.

I'd be interested if someone can tell how to make it work correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,704 Views)

Yes, that feature is fortunatelly not vital but it would be nice to show customers how the ordered PCB will look so they can let us know on time if something isn't quite alright or give a thumb if so.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,701 Views)