Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to replace generic JK flip-flops with footprint components

Solved!
Go to solution

As part of a group project in my digital electronics class, we're to build a four-digit counting circuit in Multisim, transfer it to Ultiboard for printing, and eventually physically build the circuit.

Roadblock encountered: We got the circuit working using generic components in Multisim, but when trying to swap them out with components that have footprints, the circuit no longer works.

I've attached two versions of the circuit. The first is the working simulated circuit with generic components. In the second, I replaced four of the generic JK flip-flops with the 7476N dual JK flip-flop (and the component database says that the 7476N has two "independant" flip-flops, so I assume I can just place the two halves anywhere). I know the flip-flops aren't completely identical with the inverters on the Preset and Clear pins, but those are unused anyway so I assumed it wouldn't matter.

So, in short: What's different about the components I'm using that turned a working counting circuit into a literal F?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,551 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BlueMythic

Hello BlueMythic

Actually I just modify the Flip-Flop Digital Clock2.ms14 file adding a Vcc Source and that fixed the F in the 7 segment. See the capture I attached below.

[Capture.PNG]

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,479 Views)

Ahh, so I just needed to run power to those unused terminals. Thanks, that helps a ton!

Next step is to figure out how to integrate a 74139 demultiplexer into this circuit, but I'll make a new thread for that if none of us can figure that out after today's group meeting.

Edit: I just realized that I somehow managed to log in and post using the wrong account, but I'm OP if it wasn't obvious. Forgot I used different emails to register for LabVIEW and Multisim, hence two NI accounts.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,473 Views)

Hi jrkh8er20

I am glad to hear the suggestion I posted was useful 

Regards 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,463 Views)