From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transient Analysis fails: Timestep too small

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using MultiSim 12.0

I am trying to run the example given inside the package.

When I tried to simulate the Buck Converter given in examples, it does not converge. I have tried all forums and made all possible changes in the simulater, but problem does not seem to go away.

Please help me with this asap.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(3,034 Views)

That circuit is configured for AC analysis for the purposes of calulating loop gain. It is not meant to run under transient analysis.

If you want to run a transient simulation using an average model of a buck converter, use the slightly modified circuit attached.

Thanks

Max
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(3,022 Views)

Hi everyone , can anyone help me please? i get same error , and i cant plot the 2 Curves V(1) Eingang , and V(4) Ausgang --- time ( Transient analyse) , the Grenzfrequez ( limitfrequency is : 828.77Hz

what am i doing wrong and how can i do it right please?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(2,988 Views)

Hello,

Your opamp isn't powered. There is no connection to the V+ and V- terminals. Take a look at your modified file.

Regards,

Miguel V
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(2,967 Views)

Hello, I am trying to run an analysis of this analog VCO circuit but I keep getting the "Timestep is too small" error.

Any sugestions? 

Messing aroung with timestep value did not help.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(2,856 Views)

ahh, I had the Vdd instead of Vss on IC4, nevermind 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(2,847 Views)

I am using MultiSim 12.0

I am trying to run the example given inside the package.

When I tried to simulate I get this: "A simulation error has occurred. Would you like to run the Convergence Assistant to attempt to resolve this problem automatically?". But the assistant doesn't revolve the problem.

I get this error: "Timestep too small. Tran simulation canceled".

I have tried all forums and made all possible changes in the simulater, but problem does not seem to go away.

Please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(2,803 Views)

Hi,

I am simulating your circuit "Primero.ms12" in version 12 of Multisim and I am not getting any convergence problems.

Max
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(2,787 Views)

Hello,

I am having the same issue with Multisim telling me that my timestep is too small. I believe that this is because sometimes the wires do not connect to the components, which I have noticed.

Note: I am still in the process of figuring out the circuit, but the goal is to create a counter that goes from 0 to 80 and counts due to the press of a button rather than a clock and has a reset to 0. However, I need to solve the timestep too small error before I can continue adjusting my circuit.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(2,536 Views)

I accidentally put my old file in my comment- here is the correct one.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(2,535 Views)