Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text width in 14.1

When placing text on a layer, I used to be able to specify the size and then set the 'width' to override what the size page sets it to as the board house cannot do anything smaller than 8 mil. However now, if I set the width to 8 mil, it resets it back as soon as I click on another tab! If I select 'bold' and go to the general tab and set the width to 8 mil, sometimes it will do it and I have to close the window and never touch that text again or it will set it back to the default! Annoying! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,232 Views)

Hi jg_geadinc,

It sounds like a bug. Can you send pictures of the step by step process that you follow or maybe a video? I would like to see it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,189 Views)

Here you go. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,183 Views)

Hi,

I see. Can you send your program in ultiboard?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,147 Views)

I don't understand? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,145 Views)

I mean, can you send me your design? Because I am using 14.0 with a sample design I do not see that behaivor. I would like to open your circuit in my computer and verify if I get the same results.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,141 Views)

This is a bug/feature that has always been there.  If you change any attribute features (i.e. height/bold/normal) it changes the width to some value computed from the various font parameters.  (i.e. 70 mils height/bold gives 7.77 mil line width)

The work around is to do all your attribute edits and apply, then switch to the general tab and set your line width as the last thing you do and apply.  Then widths you set will stick.

I wish they would just leave the width what I set it to.

BTW I have board houses who say 8 min as well but I often still use 7 and it turns out OK.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,128 Views)

Sorry, but it has not always been like this. I just fired up V11.0 and it behaves differently and as I remember. Version 14.1 behaves differently. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,123 Views)

jg_geadinc,

Do this workaround works for you? Following the steps of your video I was not able to reproduce the issue, that is why I would like to get your circuit and verify it there.

dbur,

Have you reported this to NI before?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,117 Views)

I am able to work around this issue by making changes in a specific sequence and then closing the settings window. This is the first time I noticed it so it is the first time I reported it. 

I am currently really busy with work and haven't had the time to scrub that design of information protected under NDA to upload it. From what I was told in another response on this forum, you would not be able to open it because it is version 14.1 anyway. 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,115 Views)