Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol editing problem

Right okay so I am trying to create a custom LED/ Phototransitor sensor symbol for Multisim

Right okay so I am trying to create a custom LED/ Phototransitor sensor symbol for Multisim

I have created the footprint and everything else and then went to assign a symbol to it, only to find that the included Phototransistor symbols are all just single transistors without the LED part.

I have created the footprint and everything else and then went to assign a symbol to it, only to find that the included Phototransistor symbols are all just single transistors without the LED part.

So I thought, Well all I need to do is somehow join an existing Diode or LED with the phototransistor symbols to create something that looks like this

So I thought, Well all I need to do is somehow join an existing Diode or LED with the phototransistor symbols to create something that looks like this

http://www.radio-electronics.com/info/data/semicond/phototransistor/phototransistor-optocoupler-symb...

http://www.radio-electronics.com/info/data/semicond/phototransistor/phototransistor-optocoupler-symb...

only problem is, I seem to be only able to edit an LED or a phototransistor, never both at the same time or be able to drag a phototransistor symbol into the symbol editor while editing the LED.

only problem is, I seem to be only able to edit an LED or a phototransistor, never both at the same time or be able to drag a phototransistor symbol into the symbol editor while editing the LED.

the only way I worked around this was to split the component into 2 sections and use the symbols for either in each section but this is really annoying, surely the symbol editor has a way for you to drag existing symbols into it.

the only way I worked around this was to split the component into 2 sections and use the symbols for either in each section but this is really annoying, surely the symbol editor has a way for you to drag existing symbols into it.

HELPPPP

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,367 Views)

Hi Badger,

Would it be possible for you to repost your question? it seems to have gotten a little bit scrambled 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,343 Views)

I have no clue why it came out like that but yes here it is.

HELPPPP

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,332 Views)

"Right okay so I am trying to create a custom LED/ Phototransitor sensor symbol for Multisim

HELPPPP"

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,259 Views)

Hi Badger,

What version of Multisim are you using ? Also, the link you provided seems to be broken...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,257 Views)