Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step up converter MC34063A

Good day to all! Please help to simulate the boost converter.

I have created the attached boost converter circuit in multisim 12 as per the ON datasheet for MC34063A on Multisim 14.0 according to it's datasheet. I found all the components on Multisim but i still do not get required output. Could someone please take a look at the simulation model and let me know the problem.

I have attached a circuit of the circuit where the regulator is used as a step-up converter, input voltage of 12V must be converted to 28V ( according to the datasheet), but I get a 11.908V output instead.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,354 Views)

Hello Polosatik

I ran your file and got this errors. 

it appears that there is an issue with the spice model.

I------ Checking SPICE netlist for Upconveter - Thursday, January 05, 2017, 10:55:04 AM ------
SPICE Netlist Error in schematic RefDes 'u4', element 'b3': Ternary '?' with unmatched ':'
SPICE Netlist Error in schematic RefDes 'u4', element 'b3': Unable to interpret '(v(6,90)>3)?v(diff,90)>1' in expression
SPICE Netlist Error in schematic RefDes 'u4', element 'b1': Ternary '?' with unmatched ':'
SPICE Netlist Error in schematic RefDes 'u4', element 'b1': Unable to interpret '(v(6,90)>3)?(v(diff,90)>-1)' in expression
======= SPICE Netlist check completed, 4 error(s), 0 warning(s) ======= 

I replaced the component with MC34063ADG and I got the 28V

Regards.

Diego H

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,310 Views)

Thank you very much!!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,305 Views)

Polosatik hi ..
your scheme will work if you replace the model. I slightly modified model 34063.

Message 4 of 5
(5,293 Views)

What's wrong with the mc34063 in multisim? Why did you change it? Is the one that is modify available in the market? thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,429 Views)