Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schematic Drawing in Autocad Electrical

Has this ever been Solved,

Does this exist.

I am looking for the exact same thing.....

Thanks

TIM

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(4,674 Views)

I am also looking for this.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(4,657 Views)

I also would like this tool.  Hopefully NI will make one available.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(4,627 Views)

Has the AutoCAD Electrical library ever been created?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(4,450 Views)

You can find many suppliers included in the AutoCAD Electrical database. I am building a new system with sbRIO, AutomationDirect, Fui, and some other components. It is really nice when I can drop the PLC or Terminal Block in my schematics with knowing the part numbers and save time for generating BOM or submitting request to purchasing dept. i.e.AB, ABB, AutomationDirect.com.

I think a lot of users will be very happy to see NI in the database list. So please provide this service. Thank you NI.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(4,338 Views)

I too would like to see this happen.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(3,945 Views)

I am also a user of AutoCad Electrical and LabView. I am a system integrator and would find this data very useful and possible increase sales of the NI PLC type systems (CRIO) if my designer had this library available. This Topic has been open for a very long time.  It seems that NI does not understand the amount of sales they are losing because of this lack of response.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(3,922 Views)

Agreed.  This would be very valuable to any integrators, or anyone that would even consider NI for control systems.  However, since NI seems unwilling to create these tools for their industrial customers, I'm afraid you're left to make these tools on your own.  It is possible, and not nearly as difficult as you'd think (which makes me really wonder why NI hasn't done this).  </rant>

You can start by opening the PLC Database File Editor under Schematic > Other Tools.  Create a new manufacturer by right clicking on "PLCs" on the left.  Then right click on the new manufacturer to create a new series, type, and just copy and paste another manufacturers module into the newly created category.  You can create a new module, but I found it easier to modify an existing one.  From there you need to go in and edit each line to match the pinout of the specific module you're using.  For instance, on the NI 9425, pin 1 is DI 0, and can be configured to match (see attached image).  

Hope that helps!

Message 18 of 23
(3,753 Views)

This is still needed and makes National Instruments look a bit slack, this is not a difficult resource to add but would make designers lives much easier.

Our company is moving into using Eplan and National Instruments is the only company not in the drawing library

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(3,230 Views)

Agreed, 

It would be a huge time saver for those of us who are using many modules when designing our machines and then need to document properly in AutoCAD Electrical ladder schematics. 

I've just been making them myself, but I would think an NI created library would be more accurate than my simple parametric PLCs I'm dropping down in the drawings. 

Message 20 of 23
(2,206 Views)