From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schematic Drawing in Autocad Electrical

Hi,

Not sure is this the correct forum, but appreciate any help i can get here.

I wanna draw the schematic (electrical drawing) using Autodesk autocad electrical 2010.  but from the library in the autocad electrical 2010, i can only selects PLCs like allenbradley, Siemens etc... Does NI provide a library for this autocad?

for eg. in the autocad, i can just choose PLC from Siemens category, then choose either S300 series, S400 series, Their IO cards to be placed in my schematic etc... But what i need is controllers like cRIO 9022, IO cards like NI 9213 etc etc...

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(22,157 Views)

Hello Skygon,

You can find the schematic drawing for cRIO under the Resources section of each cRIO module in our website. There is a document with pictures that you can refer to from the knowledge base:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/574D01C7CF5B3DB7862572FA004E54D3?OpenDocument

Hope this helps.

- Meadow -
LabVIEW 7.0 - 2011, Vision, RT, FPGA
TestStand 3.0 - 4.5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(22,139 Views)

Oh... Sorry if i din put it right...

wat i mean is not about the physical CAD drawing of the controllers, IO cards (not the drawing with dimensions etc).

But instead, what i mean is the autocad library of the controllers, IO cards.

For example, if i choose from the autocad libary, i "place" the digital output card into my schematic; i will choose the rack number, the slot number etc; then the software will place the power terminal, the output terminals for me (based on the type of card i chosen).  THEN i can connect wires to those terminals as well as set the properties of that particular card that i placed into the schematic.  For what i see now, i can choose from a list of Siemens, Allen-bradley, honeywell etc etc.

i attached a example of a screenshot for wat i meant.

untitled.JPG

I cant seem to find a library for National Instrument from the list.  Any infor on how or where can i get it?

Message Edited by skygon on 07-16-2009 10:16 PM
Message 3 of 23
(22,118 Views)
any help? or any idea where can i get help?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(22,080 Views)

Hello Skygon,

Are you referring to hardware reference designs of CompactRIO?

From what I am able to find, there are only such resources available for customizing NI Single-board RIO (sbRIO) daughter boards and customizing CompactRIO modules. The prototyping and design environment is NI MultiSim and UltiBoard.

Resources for NI CompactRIO and NI Single-Board RIO Custom Design

In particular, there is the following link which can be found in the above article. Is this kind of reference design similar to the one you are looking to have?

sbRIO Daughter Board Reference Design for MultiSim and UltiBoard

Best regards,

Victor

NI ASEAN

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(22,067 Views)

Ya, that is somewhat similiar to wat i want.

Previously, i was a Siemens PLC users.  Now, i am trying to push NI into my new company, so, i need the so called "library" to let the electrical department able to draw their schematic without creating their own NI PACs block or connectors.

Please see the pics i attached above.  For eg.  In the autocad, i can choose from a list of libraries, then add the digital output card into my schematic.  Then, it will be something like the jpeg shown.  Then i will just need to connect the terminal to maybe power to 24VDC terminals, then signal output terminals to my, maybe relays etc.  This ease a lot of workload for the electrical team, at the same time, minimise errors.

But, the libraries i had in the autocad electrical from autodesk does not have National Instrument cRIO controllers and cRIO IO cards.  So i am thinking issit that i have to get the libraries from NI, and import it into my AutoCad software?

Edited:  If i have the library, i can just choose things like ---- PAC > NI cRIO > NI 9421.  Then place it on my schematic, then i will have a digital input card, with 8 channels input terminals.  The things that i need to do next is just to connect up these terminals according to my electrical design.  This is better than i have to create my own library for all the IO cards for National Instruments.

Message Edited by skygon on 07-20-2009 03:14 AM
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(22,058 Views)

Any help from NI ??

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(21,907 Views)

Hi Skygon,

I think you've posted your question in the wrong board. I don't know exactly which hardware you have, but suggest you post in the appropriate hardware board at http://forums.ni.com/ni/

Garret
Senior Software Developer
National Instruments
Circuit Design Community and Blog

If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved or give a kudo. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(21,891 Views)

Hi Skygon,

I have checked with my colleagues at NI Corporate, but currently we do not have the hardware reference drawing library for AutoCAD Electrical. I believe you have talked to Yousi (NG) before about this issue. He is currently on leave, and should be back by this Friday. Let me talk to him and see if there is something we can do further for this issue.

In the meantime, can you please drop an email to asean.support@ni.com ? I'll be able to log a service request to your account in our database and provide support in a timely manner.

Thank you for your understanding,

Best regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(21,861 Views)
ok. i had send an email to asean.support@ni.com regarding this request ~ thsnk ..
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(21,825 Views)