Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Multisim with Labview

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author bjw5

One last thing though... "t0", "Number of Samples" and "Multisim output pins" ARE important for the proper operation of this instrument. Multisim will read and write (manipulate) those controls to synchronise and understand how to properly fetch the data. You must leave them in the front panel (even hidden if you don't need them), and use them, especially "t0" and "Number of Samples" for when you generate the data. You can see how I used them to acquire from myDAQ.

Cheers,

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 44
(3,462 Views)

Nestor,

Your VI works beautifully, I'm getting the same readings out of this that I'm getting from the physical sensor with a multimeter.  I'm just looking over the inner workings, I probably removed something in the .vit that I shouldn't have.  Also, how did moving the Build folder to ...CDC11.0/LVinstruments never occur to me?

Thank you so much,

Brian W

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 44
(3,457 Views)

No problem Brian, I'm glad it worked. Let me know if you need any explanation or further assistance with this VI. Our templates are not documented and that will be something we will start fixing soon. This feature was considered one of those "pioneer" features and was put together in that manner. But now, is becoming more widely used and is lacking the proper guidelines, instructions, tips & tricks, etc... I will be cleaning up the templates as well, to make them easier to visualise and understand the flow.

They are quite useful... here's a screenshot of the Keithley instrument I was talking about:

test-ADC-Keithley.png

Cheers,

Nestor
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 44
(3,452 Views)

hey guys, I am having problem with inputting labview VI file into multisim ! I read this page: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/5635/en

but I really did not quite get it ! can u guys help ? I am attaching my VI file which also have some subvis ! I have also attached my multisim file .

thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 44
(3,266 Views)

Hi kakariki,

I was not able to open your Multisim file more than likely because of a LabVIEW instrument you have on the design. Try to remove the instrument and then send the design.

In terms of the VI, your output from the vi is just a numeric double value. How do you need to use this in Multisim? Can you provide me some details about what needs to happen in Multisim and what is the signal you want to send to Multisim.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
Message 15 of 44
(3,254 Views)

Hi Tayyab,

Thanks for the reply. I don,t think I am sing any labview in my multisim ! I designed it using myultisim 11, but now I am opening it using multisim 12. it works for both versions for me. I am attaching a picture of my circuit, please let me know which element should I remove ?? I am also reattaching the multism file.

I think I found the problem, I am attaching a zip file including 4 files here, "1.jpg" is the picture. "finalms12.ms12" is the same multisim file but I opened and saved it as .ms12 . so I think it will work now. last file is "final.ms11(security copy)" which I think if you copy this next to my final.ms11 file from last post, it will also work ! sorry for confusion.

I have also attached my edited labview VI file named "emgsimulator".

for the labview VI, it is a EMG simulator. so the output is the simulated EMG signal named as "Simulated surface electromyogram" in the right side of block diagram. so I am going to give this signal as an input to my multisim file. I mean instead of that Vin signal generator I use this. 

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 44
(3,249 Views)

I forgot to attach the picture of my circuit. it is attached now !

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 44
(3,243 Views)

Hi kakariki,

I was able to design an instrument which incorporates this functionailty. Please take a look in the attached folder. Open Multisim and go to Options >> Global Preferences. Under the Paths tab, copy the path in front of User LabVIEW instruments path. What you need to do is go into the Build folder inside Output and copy both the files and paste them in the lvinstruments folder. Now close and re-open Multisim and look under Simulate >> Instruments >> LabVIEW Instruments. You will see an instrument called Streaming signal source. Place this instrument on your design and try it out. I have updated your circuit to use this instrument as the input.

Please open the LabVIEW project file inside the output folder and see how I have made this instrument. These instuments are made from the templates provided in the samples folder in Multisim. You simply need to add your functionality in the form of a sub-VI as I have done.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
Message 18 of 44
(3,241 Views)

thanks for the quick response. I have 2 problems now: 1- in the path under global preferences I replaced it with the path of OUTPUT folder on my computer in my documents ! so now multisim does not open at all ! I am uninstalling and resinstalling it !

2- the version of labview VI file does not match with mine ! so I can not open it neither ! mine is 2011 . can you please upload the 2011 version of VI file ?

thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 44
(3,236 Views)

can any one tell me what is the default address of "User labview instruments path" under option, global preference ? I changed it but I can not make it to default now, even after uninstalling and reinstalling !!

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 44
(3,234 Views)