Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with model of FDD5690

Hey,

one of the components of my circuit is the FDD5690 ( is an Power Mosfet)!

For the reason that the model is not available in the standart lib, I generated the new component! I found the model ( is attached) and I was making the new component.

I need only to simulate the circuit and as symbol i copied the model from BSP88.

But if i try to simulate the circuit I get an netlist-error!

I´am not sure, but I think there is some problem with the model !!

I hope can help me!

Best regards

markus

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,110 Views)

Hi Markus,

Are you re-using the BSP88 symbol? If yes, you need to add an extra pin on the symbol since the model for the FDD5690 has 4 subcircuit nodes - otherwise you will get netlist errors as there will be an unmapped model node (likely VTEMP in this case).

If this was already done, please post your circuit (if it is not propietary) as this will make it easier to troubleshoot the issue.

Natasha Baker
R&D Engineer
National Instruments

Join the NI Circuit Design Community
Follow Multisim on Twitter!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,094 Views)

Hi Natasha,

I forgot the 4th subcircuit node! :smileysurprised:

after inserting it (VTEMP), i never get some errors from multisim !!:smileywink:

I inserted this node as new input pin ! It looks not so well but its working. 

Maybe there exists a better solution.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,057 Views)

Hi Natasha,

I thought after no more error occurred, that I solved the problem!

But after a check of the hole circuit I am now sure, that my solution doesn´t work!

For a better unterstanding of the problem I added the circuit!

As shown in the pic.  the output of the amplifier has 31.6 mA and is not working well !! If i will cut the trace where the black arrow is pointing now, the amplifier is working without problems !!

My opinion is, that I have made some mistakes with the creation of the component FDD5690 because it is not available in the standart lib.

I hope someone can help me!

MZ

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,998 Views)

Could you post your circuit file? I can check to see if there's an issue with the component.

Natasha Baker
R&D Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,992 Views)

The circuit file!!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,978 Views)

It looks like your model mapping is incorrect.

Double-click on the component, click Edit Component in DB and go to the Model tab. In the Symbol-to-Model pin mapping table, change the order of the pins to:
S-3, D-1, G-2, VTEMP-4.

This order simply reflects the order of the subcircuit pins as specified by the .SUBCKT definition. The pin names are denoted in the commented text below that line.

Natasha Baker
R&D Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,974 Views)

Given that the error was stil present, I tried to made a new component and I forgott to change the mapping!!

After changing the mapping, the error is rimains and it seems, that the output is short-circuited by the transistor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,932 Views)