Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with import SPICE model (OPA336)

Hello everybody,

I trying import the SPICE model of OPA336 to multisim. I would like to simulate OPA336 with single supply. This model is from Texas instrument official website. I have checked everything like footprint, symbol, map pins etc.

When I tried turn on multisim and then I get this error code:

------ Checking SPICE netlist for Design1 - 12. ledna 2013, 10:57:36 ------
SPICE Netlist Error in schematic RefDes '', element '<unknown>':  Unmatched ".ENDS" statement
SPICE Netlist Warning in schematic RefDes 'u1', element 'pch':  Unknown model parameter 'vfb', this parameter will be ignored.
SPICE Netlist Warning in schematic RefDes 'u1', element 'nch':  Unknown model parameter 'vfb', this parameter will be ignored.
======= SPICE Netlist check completed, 1 error(s), 2 warning(s) =======

Last night, I tried repair this problem but not without any success. In attached model are instruction, but exactly, I don't no what I have to do. I have looked on forum with same problem, but I didn't understand solution. Now, I can't handle this problem. 

I don't no, where is wrong. Anyway, any help is appreciated and thank you!

Best wishes

Josef

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,339 Views)

Hi Palecek!

I searched for this item in my Multisim (I have 12.0) and I did not find it, so I guess you have to create a new component.

I suggest to go through this guide: https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/circuit/blog/2011/04/06/component-creation-101

After you finished creating your new component, you have to specify the SPICE model.

You can read about this in step 5 and 6 of the previous tutorial, but here is an other one too: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2373E75D8B375EA1862575D2004D9C88?OpenDocument

This tutorial describes how to import a model, without going through the component wizard. So you can add a new model for an existing component for example. I used this tutorial too.

I used the OPA 335, because this was available in the database.

I downloaded the OPA336's model form TI website (http://www.ti.com/product/opa336). 

I renamed the OPA336.mod to OPA336.cir

During this step of the linked tutorial

2. Click on the Load Model From File button and navigate to the path where you saved theAD8011.cir file and press the Open button.

I opened the renamed cir file, and Multisim recognised it as SPICE model without any errors.

So If you crate a new part for the OPA336 and insert the model as I wrote, you shuold have the same results.

Please let me know, if my suggestions helped.

Best Regards,

CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,307 Views)

Hi BalazsNagy,

today I tried both solution but nothink work. I have Multisim 11.0 and today i installed 12.0 and it did not help.

It is same problem:

------ Checking SPICE netlist for Design1 - 17. ledna 2013, 16:00:29 ------
SPICE Netlist Error in schematic RefDes '', element '<unknown>':  Unmatched ".ENDS" statement
SPICE Netlist Warning in schematic RefDes 'u1', element 'pch':  Unknown model parameter 'vfb', this parameter will be ignored.
SPICE Netlist Warning in schematic RefDes 'u1', element 'nch':  Unknown model parameter 'vfb', this parameter will be ignored.
======= SPICE Netlist check completed, 1 error(s), 2 warning(s) =======

You didnt have same problem? This error is shown when I turn on simulation. I tried twice your way to import SPICE model to Multisim.

I dont no 😞

Thank you for your help!

Palecek

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,274 Views)

Hi Palecek,

The  opa336 model  has a parameter that is not supported in Multisim and this is what the simulation message is trying to tell you.  

There are several SPICE simulators in the market and some of took the original Berkeley SPICE and tweaked the simulation to meet their needs.  In this case, there is an N and P MOS using a level 3 model.  A level 3 is kind of like a version, each level have a set of parameters, from one level to another, the equation may be different as well.  I've printed out the Multisim help so that you can see which parameter is supported in Multisim for a level 3.

To fix this, all you have to do is remove the "Vfb" parameter from the model and Multisim will simulate without an error.  However, it is difficult to know how this will affect the accuracy of the model.   

Tien P.

National Instruments
Download All
Message 4 of 6
(6,267 Views)

Hi Palecek!

Did you try out the suggestions of Tien_P?

Did it work? Please post some test result.

Dear Tien_P, thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,

CLA, CLED
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,252 Views)

I also needed this part so i tryed it. I found that the AC simulation seems to work fine but. When I put it in a unity gain buffer configuration it did not work at all. Not sure what could have cused this. Also I have not been able to import the part form TI web site ether. 

I would not try and use this part. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,947 Views)