Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with TI OPA140 Spice Model

Solved!
Go to solution
I have edited the attached spice model to fix the missing parenthesis, but when I try to create a symbol linked to the model I get an error "This model contains multiple top-level .SUBCKT statements...". I have tried nesting the subcircuits inside the main circuit model but I cannot get an accurate simulation (Transient works, AC Sweep is bizarre). How should a spice model with multiple .SUBCKT statements be handled in Multisim? Thanks, Tim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(10,132 Views)

Hi EDL,

The SPICE file is not attached, please post again.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(10,107 Views)

Hi EDL,

The SPICE file is not attached, please post again.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(10,107 Views)
Sorry. Try this one... Tim
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(10,104 Views)

OK...This is odd.  Trying to attach the file again

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(10,103 Views)

Hi EDL,

I didn't make any changes to your model and it works in the component I created.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(10,097 Views)

Yes it does.  I wonder what I was doing wrong.

Thanks.  I'm going to try another one...

Tim

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(10,095 Views)

I tried it again using the file I sent you.  At step 5 of 7 it still gived me the same error about multiple top-level .subckt statements. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(10,087 Views)

OK...more playing.  I get the same error message with the OPA209 and OPA320s models.  The OPA725 works, but it doesn't have multiple .SUBCKT ststements.  I just did that one as a sanity check.

Since you were able to make the model of the OPA140 (and I checked...the model I sent you is really in the part you sent back 🙂 there mult be something different in my setup.  I just don't know what.

Tim

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(10,084 Views)

Hi EDL,

Post the Multisim file with the part you created, I can look at how you made the component and let you know what went wrong.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(10,080 Views)