Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ploting waveform vs. parameter in Parameter Sweep analysis with Transient analysis.

Is it possible to plot a waveform vs. paremeter in Parameter Sweep anaylis with Transient analysis set as type of analysis to perform? Especially, I want to plot a maximum value of some voltage wafeform vs. parameter of modeled device such as R or voltage source value.
Message 1 of 5
(3,190 Views)

Hello Raport_Maker!
I would like to ask, which kind of graph do you want to build for your analysis?
If you want to do Transient analysis on each parameter iteration, and visualise it on the same time-diagram, there is a good example built in the software: Help>>MultiSim Help>> Search >> Parameter Sweep Analysis – Example
In this case you'll get one diagram with more curves of different colors for each sweep iterations.
Or maybe you want to build a plot with the followings: Peak Voltage Values vs. R or V parameters - only with one curve on the diagram?
Best Regards,
Tamas

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,172 Views)

Hello Tamas,thanks for interest in topic.

I exactly want to plot such things like peak voltage or current values vs. R or other parameter - with only one curve on the diagram.Do You or anyone knows, if it possible in Multisim?

Best regards,

raport_maker

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,155 Views)

Hello raport_maker, 

I think, using the postprocessor we can make some additional analysis and customized graph. With the postprocessor, you can work with the results of the analysises like the Parameter sweep analysis.

Make the parameter sweep analysis, and then open the Simulate > Postprocessor. You'll be able to see all the results of the analysis, and you can define expressions, and build your own graph. I would recommend also to use the Help, and search for the Postprocessor word, and read the available expressions.

I'm not 100% sure, how to make this R-Vmax graph with postprocessor, but I hope this can help something.

There is also a more advanced option in Multisim: you can use XSPICE commands to build full custom analysis. Simulate > Analyses > User defined Analysis

Or if you use also Labview, there is the Multisim connectivity toolkit available, which can be used to controll the alalysis from labview: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/7785

I hope, I could help you to get closer to the solution.

I'll try some experiments with the Multisim analyses, and if I got an idea, I'll post it.

Best Regards,

Tamas

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,139 Views)

Hello again 🙂

I think the simplest way is to export the data from the parameter sweep analysis to Excell or Measurement file. Grapher View > Tools > Export to Excell / Save Data to Measurement file

You can plot this graph in Excell - or Labview / DIAdem using the measurement file. You can search for the peak values, and plot it with the different parameter sweep values.

Best Regards,

Tamas

Message 5 of 5
(3,137 Views)