Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passive Infrared motion sensor with alarm

I'm using multisim 11 and having trouble simulating the passive infrared motion sensor. This is the circuit I'm trying to simulate... any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(12,525 Views)

Hi,

Multisim does not have a PIR sensor but you use a voltage control voltage source to emulate it.  You can find voltage control voltage source under "Source" group under the "Controlled voltage source" family.  The input the control source is voltage but you pretend it is the infrared signal.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(12,502 Views)

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(12,495 Views)
what about the relay how do you connect it
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(10,340 Views)

Hi davidnduhiu12

Could you please describe your concern a little further? The Relay seems to be using a generic 3 pole switch, which can be found in Multisim.

WenR

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(10,308 Views)
where is the 3 way terminated relay found pliz?direct me
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(10,282 Views)

Hi davidnduhiu12,

I have found one 3 pole terminated relay on Multism but it it is important to notice that it is part of the virtual components which means that if you export the circuit it will not be available on Ultiboard, this is because it has no footprint assigned to it so the export tool will not place it.

You can find it by right clicking on the workspace> place component>Basic Virtual>RELAY1C_VIRTUAL

Also if you have your specific component that you would preferr to use, you could create for your own User Database with the component model and following this document or if you will also need the footprint you can use this other tutorial

Hope you can find this information helpful!

Regards,

Sil.VI
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(10,249 Views)
thanks it was helpful
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(10,224 Views)

Can u plz tell me how the connection is done using the voltage source

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(6,459 Views)

Hi

What is teh connection you would like to know about?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(6,447 Views)