Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCB footprint with moveable pins

Does anyone know if it is possible, or if there is a good way, of creating a schematic symbol that maps to a footprint that has pins that can be moved? I have a panel mount pushbutton switch that is used a lot and it is connected to the PCB via wires so I like to arrange the pads such that they make dressing the wires neat and orgainized. Unfortunately it is different for just about every design I do that uses it. 

They way I do it now is I just create a box in the schematic in the shape of the switch and use individual test points as the connections. It works and doesn't look -too- bad but my client wants to see a symbol that looks like a switch and shows the pins that are associated with the pole and each throw. This particular switch has 3 poles and another one has 4. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,917 Views)

Hi,

If I had to do it, I would have used your solution as well.

At this moment I don't see any other possibility.

but you could add a drawing of the switch and place the individual testpoint near their connection on the drawing.

In fact what you would need is a kind of multi-section footprint in analogy to the multisection schematic symbol...

Succes...

stressed user

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,901 Views)