From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No MCU wizard when placing PIC

I was hopeing to use Multisim for simulating PIC functions however at first I could not find a place to put the code file and after searching help it seems that after you place the component the MCU wizard is supposed to start but all that happens is the component selection screen pops back up.  Even after the pic is placed the MCU menu says there are no MCU components.  Am I going about this the wrong way or can you not simulate pic's with code in Multisim.

Edit - I've found that even though the different pic's are listed the only MCU pic is the 1684.  My work uses different pic's so once again I'm stuck with not being able to add code and simulate my preffered pic.  Any help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,860 Views)

What's your Multisim version (go to Help>>About Multisim). Are you using the Educational of the Professional edition?

The Multisim MCU Module only supports the Intel/Atmel 8051/8052 and Microchip PIC16F84A.

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,826 Views)

As already stated I know the MCU supports the 1684 pic my question was can you force code into all the other pic's that are listed under microcontrollers.  If can place those pic's in the board but put no code in them then it's useless to even have them in the program or place them in a circuit

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,805 Views)

The PICs listed in the MICROCONTROLLERS Family (Mis Digital Group) can only be used for schematic capture and layout, there is no way to add code to them. Only those components listed in the MCU Group are simulatable; when you place the PIC16F84 or the 805X on the workspace area the MCU Wizard opens and this is the place where you can onfigure the project type, compiler tool, etc.

Regards,

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,793 Views)

So you're basically saying what I've already stated, twice.  Multisim is useless for simulating PIC's.  Thanks for the info there.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,782 Views)