Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisim database changes not being saved

Hello,

I searched the forum for this question but couldn't seem to find any related topics.

I am trying to save new user field titles in the Multisim Database Manager (using Multisim 11 btw) but after I make the changes and open Multisim the next day the changes are gone. Any idea how to make these changes permanent? Is that even possible?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,926 Views)

Additional question about the database manager:

I am able to delete the subcategories in the user database (under the family tab) but not the top categories (Sources, Basic, Diodes, Transistors, etc).

Is there a way to delete these families as well and create my own categories?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,915 Views)

Hi,

It sounds like you are changing the User Field Title at correct place and it should be permanent, I am not sure why Multisim is reset the field after you closed Multisim. Just in case, this is how you add/change the user fields:

- Tools>>Database>>Database Manager>>User Field Titles

- You can modify the default field and add your own, you have up to 20 fields to work with

- Once you finished, click the Close button

- Place a component you want to add user field information to on the work area

- Double click on it, select Edit Component db>>User Fields

- You should see the user fields title you added, under the Value column enter the component information and then click OK to save the component to your database.

- Place the component you just saved to your database on the work area, double click on it and go the User Field tab and you should see the user field information

To answer your second question, you cannot add or modify a Group in the database, you can only add a Family.

Tien P.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,905 Views)

Thank you for answering my questions.

What you described is indeed how I changed the titles. I'm wondering if it is our network interaction that is causing me problems. We keep the master database saved on our server, not on any local machine. I will experiment a bit with the database locations and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,902 Views)