Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisim code modeling

I want to analyse a chaotic generator. And I need to make a bifurcation diagram. So I want to make a device, which will change the parameter in cycle and save the peaks of each simulation (of each iteration) and then make a bifurcation diagram. So I want to make it by using c++ code. 

So I've found something like "instruction" but it explains the stuff pretty bad (here is the link: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/375482B-01/multisim/gaintestexample/#wp252103). For example, I want to test the GAINTEST model. So I don't really understand the first and the sixth points. Because when I launch the Vcvars32.bat through the cmd nothing happens. But the first point of the instruction claims that I should somehow set the inviromental variables.

And when I launch MAKE_DLL file through the cmd  it  says "file ifcpec.ifs was not found" (I put the screenshot). And beacuse  of that I stuck at the begining.

Please help!!!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,013 Views)

I have included environment variables manually, you can do it like the image attached.

Right click on the batch file and click edit, to see what it does and then, you can check if the variables were included

Untitled1.png

and check if you do have the file in the Windows directory

Screenshot_4.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,908 Views)

Thank you for reply!

I don't really understand what should I do with these files.. .Should  I create environment variables? I really  want to get the point of this thing...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,888 Views)

According to it, the .bat file does it for you, once you run it, you can confirm that they are set, but first, make sure that you have the files in your computerScreenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,882 Views)

Yes, I do have this file. So I opened it through cmd (and also just clicking on it) .

And what should happen?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,877 Views)

running the .bat was step 1, if the file is good then the variables should be set.

What else have you done? Have you followed the other steps?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,859 Views)

I just want to create example gaintest model. 

So I have "Ifspec.ifs" and  "Cfunc.mod"  files for my GAINTEST model.

As you can see on the photo, it can't create dll file.

And I don't really understand  what these "cl" and "link" things are.

cmd3.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,851 Views)

Well that appears to be a response in Russian. Have you run it through a translator to see what it says? Or if you can read Russian that would be helpful as well.

Mitchell Faltin | NI

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,826 Views)

Oh..I'm sorry.

It says that "cl" and "link" are neither internal or external commands nor batch files.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,823 Views)

I got the same error as you, it did produce the .c file but not the dll

It seems to be related to the environment,

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8800361/cl-is-not-recognized-as-an-internal-or-external-command

What seems to be most likely is this: "The C++ tools are not being installed by default in Visual Studio" from this thread

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31563735/cant-compile-openssl-because-of-cl-is-not-recognized/315...

Screenshot_7.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,805 Views)