Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisim Bug in reference designators?

If I rotate a resistor, it sends the value and reference designator up and away from the part. If I move them back in close to the part and then edit the reference designator, it moves them back to the weird position! Why won't it just leave it where I put it? Seems to only do it if the reference designator is on the left side of the part. Not if it is on the right side? But it does move the value slightly after editting the reference designator. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,787 Views)

Hello jg_geadinc.

Which version of Multisim are you using? 

Can you please add some screenshots of the behavior you are seeing? I tried replicating it but I did not get any similar behavior.

Diego H

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,740 Views)

Version 14.0

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,737 Views)

Hello jg_geadinc

Thanks for attaching the videos. It seems odd. I tried to replicate the issue with no avail. Every time you rotated the component in a vertical position it should remain on the roght side, never on the left. I manually changed it to the left but still I was not able to replicate. 

Which license do you currently own? power pro, full, education?

and are you seeing this with other components like capacitors?

Have you tried repairing the software?

Diego H

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,727 Views)

I have the full Power Pro edition. Fairly recent upgrade so everything should be up to date. It has always done this as far as I can remember since upgrading to 14.0. Never used to happen with 9, 10, or 11. 

Only resistors do it as far as I know. I just tried it with a capacitor and it does not happen. I've installed and reinstalled the software 3 times now. Still happens. Happened on my orginal Windows 7 machine and still happens on my new Windows 10 machine that I just got 2 months ago. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,722 Views)