Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multisim 12 Student/Education Edition Won't Start

Solved!
Go to solution

So, I've had Multisim 12 for a while and it's always worked fine. I'm running Windows 7. And I have a CD that I installed the program with.

I recently bought and installed an SSD to replace my HDD. Cloned all the data from HDD to the SSD and then Multisim wouldn't start. By not starting, I mean that I would open Multisim from my start menu, and as soon as the Multisim startup screen displayed, I got an error and Multisim would close. The error was about missing msvcp71.dll. Found the dll from an Oracle folder on my computer and tried to start Multisim again. Still wouldn't start, but different error message (I assume I fixed the dll problem). Now I got an error saying the following: "The installation of this application may be corrupt. Use add or remove programs in the windows control panel to attempt to repair this problem."

- I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling (~15 times).

- I've tried repairing the installation (~5 times).

- I've tried forcing reinstallation via the command prompt (~4 times).

- I've deleted literally every single National Instruments folder from my hard drive that I could find and then reinstalled.

- I've reinstall the latest .NET Framework.

After all of this, I still get the same error message: "The installation of this application may be corrupt. Use add or remove programs in the windows control panel to attempt to repair this problem." I'm at a loss for ideas, besides wiping and reinstalling windows from scratch - which I would prefer not to do. Anyone have any ideas or solutions?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,296 Views)

Hello SheaClub,

Can you please post a screenshot of the error?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,249 Views)

maupz,

Here is the error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,238 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SheaCulb

So, I went ahead and made a backup of my SSD, then completely wiped it and reinstalled Windows. Multisim now works. Must've been something that didn't get copied over during the cloning of my HDD to SSD, or something was corrupt and the repair of Windows didn't catch it. Odd, but alas, I now have a working Multisim again!

Message 4 of 4
(3,221 Views)