Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mechanical layer drawing copy paste not on grid BUG

Hi !

I found an annoying bug. When I draw something to the mechanical layer, and copy-paste some part of it, then the copied block are not on the grid, and even can't move to the grid !

(I use metric system, 1mm visible grid, and the other snap grids are 0.1mm).

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,942 Views)

Oh, and something more: it would be nice, if i could select hashing in mechanical drawing, not just empty, or filled, or color.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,938 Views)

Dear lidi,

what version of software are you using? What is your operating system? I was trying to reproduce the bug you are describing but it worked fine for me. Could you maybe post the design that causes problems?

And regarding your second post, you can give product suggestions on this page:

http://digital.ni.com/applications/psc.nsf/default?OpenForm

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,878 Views)

Thank you for the reply. The version is: 11.0.691

Maybe the bug is in the grouping, i don't know. See the attached drawing.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,861 Views)

I tried it on 11.0.458 and I have everything on the grid, please look at the screenshots:

on_grid_1.png

on_grid_2.png

I'm now updating the Circuit Design Suite and will let you know how it went on the newer version.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,848 Views)

The error is very small, only on big zooming is visible.

Can you save, and post your file ?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,846 Views)

Dear lidi,

the file is in the attachment.

You were right, that on high zoom you can see some difference in placement of the elements. But I used the procedure described in the following KB and the problem went away:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/907CE8BB02F1A0498625754C0060D5CE?OpenDocument

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,823 Views)

Hmm, okay, I could manually fiddling to the right position with finer grid, but the problem remain: when copying more than one thing ( for example two shape, or grouped objects )  that on grid, then paste, the result is not on grid, and cannot move to grid.

Your solution is just a workaround. Thank You anyway.  Can You tell this problem to the developers ? To fix it, if possible ?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,818 Views)

Dear lidi,

I was playing a little more with your file (after changing the grid properties back to your original ones) and actually if I move the "original" and copied objects a little up and down (so that they snap to the grid properly) the difference disappears. Have you tried that?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,779 Views)

Hi !

Yeah, I trying, not work. See attached video.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,762 Views)