From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum trace length settings in PCB Properties

I am trying to design a flexble circuit on which there is a coil winding of the trace on the Board.  From my calculation, the total length of the coil (trace) on the board is supposed to be 108892 mils (108.892 inches).

As a result, I try to configure my PCB Properties on Ultiboard to have the "Maximum trace length" set to at least 108892.  However, anytime I try to change to do that, Ultiboard automatically changes it to 78740.157480, as shown on the attached picture.

My questions are:

(1) is that the Maximum length of trace allowed by Ultiboard?

(2) Would it matter if I decide to ignore the setting on the PCB Properties, and draw the desire length of trace on my design.

I would appreciate any kind response.

Thanks in advance.

IghoUltiboard PCB Properties.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,290 Views)

Hello,

I'm not sure if this applies to your case, but can you see if what is mentioned on the following document has any effect on what you are seeing.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/600F3D2463F61D8386257471005CADFD?OpenDocument

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,256 Views)

Thanks a lot.  I will read through it.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,244 Views)