Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSI and SSI Combined 0-60 Counter

I am trying to make a 0-60 counter that starts at 00 and ends at 60. Once it reaches 60, it should stop. I have made the ones digit out of the 74LS93N connected to a 74LS47N to a 7 input common anode display. I have connected the output of the nand gate that makes the count 0-9 to the clock of the series of D-Flip Flops (74LS74N), which is made to toggle and is connected to a 74LS47N to a common anode display. I have created the ability to make it stop at 60 through the use of the "and" (74LS08N) gate in front of the clock. The file I attached is the current project, and all seems to do well, including hitting the space key to reset the counter. The only problem is that, when you press play, it starts at the count 40 instead of 00. Any solution to this problem would be greatly appreciated, Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,459 Views)

Hi,

I looked into your circuit. I wanted to know what version of Multisim you are using. I was able to resolve the issue by replacing the 74LS74N DFF with the same part on my computer and the simulation started to work properly. The counter counted from 00 to 60. I would suggest that just right click the three DFF's one by one and select replace component. Replace them with the same part from your master database and hopefully your counter will start functioning properly.

Best Regards.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,418 Views)