From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS 12.0.1: Spreadsheet View: Nets tab: Select-all doesn't remain selected after changing a value

Hi,

In the spreadsheet view, when I select all nets, and make a change to a value in a particular column it sets all nets to have that value as expected. 

Selecting multiple nets over and over and over and over.JPG

Unfortunately, once it finishes setting all values, it also de-selects all nets.  Is this normal, or perhaps there's a problem with my design file or something?

Operating like this makes it difficult to set up  multiple settings' values in a situation where I have to go down the columns to "fill in the blanks" as in the above graphic.

Is there a way to keep all nets selected so that I can go down the columns and enter missing data, such as what's shown missing in the above graphic?

Is there a more global set-up-value location where I might have set up defaults for all of the above missing values at the start of design entry? 

Thanks

Regards,

Who
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,227 Views)

Hi,

This seems weird as the default is to keep all nets selected. Now, what might be happening is that you might not be able to tell the nets are selected. The once you select all the nets you want, input a value on the column you want, and press enter, the highlighted colour will change to a light grey. The nets are still selected, so changing a value in a different column will work, the selection is just not as pronounced as it was with the blue highlighting.

Let me know if this is your problem or else, it might be a different issue altogether.

Kind regards,

Miguel V
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,209 Views)

Hi Miguel,

I know what you mean about a selected range of nets remaining selected, and the selection color changes from blue to gray, but in my experience, that depends on focus.

For example, if I select a few nets in the schematic view, and I have the nets tab visible on the spreadsheet view, the nets I select in the schematic view will show selected in the spreadsheet view, but the selection color will be light gray.  This is because the program's focus is on the schematic. 

If I immediately click the scroll bar button on the net list in the spreadsheet view, then the program's focus is shifted away from the schematic view, over to the spreadsheet view.  When this happens, the selected items in the spreadsheet view have thier selection color change from light gray to bright blue.  

In my case, If I select a few nets in the spreadsheet view, and make a change to a value, all selected nets are changed as expected, but the nets do not remain selected, light gray, blue, or otherwise.

I tried to create an example schematic that demonstrates this, but it appears to work correctly, as mentioned in your previous post.  The current design I'm working on still has this issue, though.  I'll start a ticket so I can share the design in case it's of interest to the developers.

Thanks.

Regards,

Who
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,184 Views)

Hey,

I see what you mean, and yeah thanks that will help us either patch it up or change the way it works.

Kind Regards,

Miguel V
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,175 Views)