Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Connectivity Check with Ultiboard

Hello,

In my layout I have a power bus from the power source that feeds into the drains of several connected (parallel) mosfets. The connectivity tool is giving me an error that I don't understand. For example, it is saying that Q4 pin 5 (drain) --- Q4 pin 5(drain). Is it trying to tell me that the pin is not connected to the power bus? I have attached a small screen shot.

Thanks!ConnErr.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,323 Views)

Does anyone understand this problem? Seems like software bug to me. Of course the pin is connected to itself.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,269 Views)

Hi MicahKurtz,

It's kind of difficult to know what is happening with that screenshoot.  I really haven't seen this issue before. Can you share the file?

Have you tried foward and backward annotations?

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,260 Views)

I am sorry I can't post the whole file due to proprietary sake. I will try the backward/forward annotations to see if that fixes it.

Let me try to explain the screen shot a bit more. The error lies in the large trace that is running through the drain of each mosfet. The drain is the large pad. There are what look like little yellow triangles in each pad saying that there is not a connection to itself. I just want to make sure there is not a real connectivity issue.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,258 Views)

Does this make sense? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,239 Views)

Hi,

Have you tried using the Netlist Editor. In this way you can check which components are connected to each net. And double check if there is bad connection between the traces and the components.

The Netlist editor is on Tools>>Netlist editor

regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,217 Views)

I have verified all the pins are connected to the correct net.

I noticed in my exported gerber file that a portion of the thick trace (the one with connectivity issues) did not completely show up. This seems very odd, its almost as if ultiboard doesn't recognize that the trace is there. Has anyone seen this before?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,198 Views)

Hello,

I posted an answer last week but it seems that it has not arrived here...

Did you make your drain pad in one piece with the custom pad editor?

Or did you use several pads to make one pad?

Before exporting to gerbers, do a last DRC check immediately before, that could sometimes solve a 'gap' in gerbers.

Succes!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,181 Views)