From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Subckt Definition

Hi, I am using mutltisim 11 and I wanted to create a schematic symbol for LM386 low volatge audio power amplifier. I was able to create the schmatic, but when I run the simulation this message appears: ------ Checking SPICE netlist for LM386_VoltageGain_10 - Thursday, March 22, 2012, 3:19:02 PM ------
SPICE Netlist Error in schematic RefDes 'u1', element 'xu1':  Invalid subckt definition name 'u1_open_gain8'
SPICE Netlist Error in schematic RefDes 'u1', element '<unknown>':  Due to errors, the subckt instance 'xu1' has been omitted from the simulation
======= SPICE Netlist check completed, 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) =======

Any suggestions??....I'm new to using multisim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,769 Views)

Hi,

I took a look at your circuit and it seems that you did not add a spice model for the component. You need a spice model to create a simulation component. You need to re-create the component. Follow the instructions in the link below:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/circuit/blog/2011/04/06/component-creation-101

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tayyab R,
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,762 Views)