Multisim and Ultiboard

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to run properly the Transfer Function Analysis in Multisim of a very simple circuit

Hi everyone,

I have a problem in order to run a Transfer Function Analysis of a amplifier based on a Bipolar transistor. The DC part is correct, I mean, the circuit is working in active mode. Even more, after a DC Analisis the stage has the gain that I expecte. I guess that is somenthing related with the capacitors that I am using.

The response of the analysis is:

Transfer function 0.000000

Input impedance: 500.0000G

Output impedance:4.7k

So, only the output impedance is OK

I have attached the circuit

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,090 Views)

Dear Friends

looking for a solution for a problem that I have with the Transfer Function analysis, I found this post, I know that my reply is so late but I hope that anyone could be helped with next information.

Ciertainly, the problema to the analysis is the coupling capacitors, remember that they are working as open circuits for DC analysis so, input source are disconnected and for that reason gain are zero and input resistance is so big.

I recommend to substitute the capacitor for a short circuit (wire) and give an offset to the signal source, the offset voltaje must have the same value that the voltaje divider in order to maintain the same bias point.

It could be neccesary to make similar substitution for the bypass capacitor.

JL

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,333 Views)